Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wiki.. What a way to go!

I just checked out a wiki, http://kellieswiki.wikispaces.com/, and I actually thought it was a fantastic idea and a far better first attempt at Wiki than mine. Hehe. I think the concept of this technology is wonderful. By adding , editing, removing etc information, viewers are gaining a better understanding, a more fresh out look. Whether the Wiki is descussing teaching techniques like Kellies or whether it is discussing a film directors career. The truth is most people look at text books as out dated. The first source I know I go to is the internet. When you want information quick and up to date, this is where you come. The web keeps us connected. I also think that students can gain alot out of this form of communication technology. What better way to inspire them and keep them interested by actually allowing them to partake and change online information. Being apart of the process instead of an outsider looking in. Like they say, give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he will never go hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment